There are several reasons why your Hulu app keeps freezing. The problem could be between your network, device, or the service itself.
In this article, we have listed all the possible Hulu streaming issues and resolutions for Hulu playback failure so you won’t have any issue streaming your favorite Hulu videos and movies from now onwards.
Possible Reasons and Resolutions for Hulu Playback Failure
Check Your Internet Connection
The first thing you'll want to do is check your internet connection. Ensure you're connected to the internet and that your signal is strong enough to stream video. If you're not sure, try restarting your router or modem.
If you're still having trouble, try connecting to a different Wi-Fi network or using a wired connection. Checking your internet connection should be the first step in troubleshooting any playback issues on Hulu.
How to fix?
- Check to see if there are any outages with your internet service provider
- Test your router and modem by connecting them to a computer that is not streaming video
- Move closer to your router or modem
- Try using a different browser
- Clear your cookies, cache, and history
Check the Website Itself
Sometimes Hulu may be experiencing an outage resulting in Hulu playback failure. Most people don't know that when Hulu streaming services go down, they do so for short periods.
If your Hulu keeps freezing this could be because the app may reach out to their servers and get an error message saying " playback server key expired." You can find more information about this by looking at your favorite social media account on Facebook or Twitter. Just make sure you're often checking!
Try Lowering the Quality of Your Stream
Lowering the quality can also help with playback failures on Hulu. The company does not require any special action for accessing low-quality content; you can simply lower the quality by going into settings and adjusting it to your required numbers.
Clearing Hulu Cache
Clearing the cache is one of the major Hulu troubleshooting steps with which you can get your streaming service back and run.
Cleaning out old data from previous sessions allows room for more recent transactions, which will result in a better browsing experience on Hulu as well this will also clear any Hulu connection error as well!
It is also recommended that you clear your Hulu cache regularly. This can be done in the following way:
- Open Hulu Desktop App
- Click on the Gear Icon located at the top right corner of the app
- Select Preferences from the menu
- Under General, click Clear Cache Now
This will clear all cached data associated with your Hulu account, including videos and images. You might have to enter your login information again after this process.
Update Your Hulu App
The Hulu application is one of the most advanced video streaming services on today's market. However, suppose you're still using an earlier version to stream videos or play them. In that case, you might face a playback issue as your device might not be compatible with the older version of the Hulu app.
To update your app, follow these simple steps:
- Visit the App Store and select the Updates tab
- Find Hulu in the list of apps with available updates and tap Update
- If you don't see Hulu listed here, then it means you have the latest version, and no update is necessary
Now that your app is up-to-date, try streaming a video on Hulu again to see if this solves the playback issues. If not, there are still a few more steps you can take.
Close the Hulu App and Start It Again
Sometimes when an app is active and running, all you need to do is close it and reopen it. This will force the app to reload its files and hopefully correct any playback errors.
Double-click the Home button to close Hulu on your iPhone or iPad to open the App Switcher. Please scroll through the apps until you see Hulu and swipe up on the thumbnail to close it.
For Android Devices
From the main screen of your device, press and hold the Hulu app icon. When it starts shaking, tap the X in the top left corner of the icon to delete it. After deleting, go back to Google.
Limit the Number of Devices Connected to Your Home Network
If you're sharing your home network with too many devices, it can slow down your connection and lead to Hulu playback errors. To fix this, try disconnecting some devices from your network or using a wired connection instead of Wi-Fi.
For example, if you're watching Hulu on your phone and another person is streaming Netflix on their laptop, both of those devices are fighting for bandwidth. But if you connect your laptop to the router with an Ethernet cable, that frees up bandwidth for the other person to use.
You can also try connecting your device directly to your router with an Ethernet cable. This will give you the fastest possible connection and help solve Hulu playback issues.
Restart Your Device
Restart your whole device, not just the Hulu app. This will clear any potential problems with your device and help solve playback issues. You can restart your phone by holding down the power button and selecting "restart."
- On a computer, you can restart by clicking the start menu icon and selecting "power" > "restart"
- If you're still having trouble, try signing out of your account and then signing back in
- Click the profile icon in the top-right corner of the screen
- Select "sign out" from the drop-down menu
- Click "sign-in" in the top-right corner of the screen
- When prompted, enter your email address and password, then click "sign in"
Contact Hulu Customer Support
If you've tried all of the above and you're still having trouble, you can contact Hulu customer support for help. To do this on your computer:
- Click the profile icon in the top-right corner of the screen
- Select "Help" from the drop-down menu
- Click "Contact Support" at the bottom of the page
- Enter your issue or question into the text box, then click "submit”
You should now see a case number appear on the screen; make sure to write this down or take a screenshot so you can use this as a reference later on. Hulu customer support will get back to you as soon as possible to help resolve your issue.
Here it is also important for you to understand that some movies and videos are automatically restricted based on the mentioned age on your profile. Because of this, you may not be able to play some of Hulu’s content on your devices.
Feel free to check out this link to have a clear idea of Hulu’s age restrictions and ways to change them: How to Change Hulu Age Restriction?
Besides that, you may also try upgrading your Hulu plan as there are certain features that are only accessible to the premium Hulu members.
Read the full guide here: How do I Upgrade Hulu Plan?
At this point, you must have a clear idea of what causes Hulu’s playback failure and what are some of the most effective ways to resolve them.
It is time now to share with you one of the safest and foolproof ways with which you can access all your desired Hulu content without worrying about compatibility issues or playback errors.
How to Solve Hulu Playback Failure with the Help of a Video Downloader?
Fortunately, there are a number of downloaders out there that lets you play Hulu videos on any device of your choice, that too without any playback issues.
One of such downloaders is KeepStreams for Hulu which automatically saves your downloads in MP4 format so you won’t have any compatibility issues or Hulu playback failure whatsoever.
Wondering what KeepStreams for Hulu has in store for you? Let’s find out…
Unique Features of KeepStreams for Hulu Downloader
- With KeepStreams for Hulu, you can save and enjoy your desired Hulu content for offline viewing without any regional restrictions
- You can play your downloads in the highest possible video quality up to 1080p
- KeepStreams for Hulu allows you to download multiple episodes of your favorite seasons in batches, hence saving you tons of time and effort
- The company keeps updating their product for improved efficiency and better output
- You can choose audio tracks from EAC3 5.1, AC3 5.1, or AAC 2.0
- KeepStreams for Hulu will automatically remove ads for you
- You can easily build and organize your media library using KeepStreams for Hulu’s video downloader feature
- KeepStreams for Hulu supports high-speed downloads in MP4
- With this tool, you can easily transfer your downloads from one device to the other
- The availability of a built-in browser ensures you search and play your downloads without the hassle
How to Use KeepStreams for Hulu?
- Download and install KeepStreams for Hulu
- Launch it and choose Hulu from VIP services
- Sign in to your account
- Pick and play your favorite movie or show
- Click ‘Download Now’
We’re down to our conclusion now. Hulu playback errors can be frustrating for those avid Hulu fans who want to stream and watch their favorite Hulu shows regularly.
We shared with you several reasons and solutions you can use to avoid those issues and enjoy a seamless experience.
Plus, we also recommended a one-of-its-kind downloader KeepStreams for Hulu that ensures you stream your desired Hulu content without any playback issues at all.