I always watch the missed streaming on "Tver" on my phone, but can I watch it on the big screen of my TV? Do I need an internet connection? Is it difficult to set up?
Many people would like to watch TVer on their living room TVs, but many are still using TVer as it is because they think it is not feasible or difficult to set up.
In this article, we will introduce 5 ways to watch TVer on your TV. With just a few modifications, you will be able to enjoy the missed broadcasts of variety shows and dramas on the big screen of your TV.
We have compiled a list of ways to enjoy TVer on your TV. There are five main methods. For each method, we will explain the precautions and necessary items, so please refer to them.
- Offline playback of tver on TV using KeepStreams
- Connect your computer to the TV and watch tver
- Connect your smartphone or tablet to your TV to watch tver
- Watch TVer on your TV using Amazon Fire TV or Google Chromecast
- Watch TVer on your TV with Android TV
TVer is a service provided by NTV, TV Asahi, TBS, TV Tokyo, and Fuji Television Network, Inc. in collaboration with other 5 companies, offering free delivery of missed programs for 7 days after the program is aired. It is called a catch-up service. Available devices are not only PCs, smartphones, and tablets, but also TVs.
It is recommended for those who are always too busy to watch programs in real time. Moreover, it is free and does not require user registration. Just install the application on either your smartphone or tablet and watch it wherever and whenever you like.
If you still want to enjoy TV programs on your TV screen, we recommend smart TVs (TVs with Android) the most, especially since you can easily watch TVer without purchasing any external devices. in addition to Android TVs, you need a Wi-Fi environment and a Fire TV Stick or You can also watch TVer on a conventional TV using a media streaming device such as Chromecast.
If you don't have an internet connection, I would also recommend using KeepStreams to download your favorite programs in advance and watch them whenever you want by simply connecting your TV to your computer.
We will explain each method in detail below.
If you have a stable Internet connection, you can watch TVer online on your TV by connecting your PC, tablet, or other device to your TV with an HDMI cable, or by using Amazon Fire TV or Google Chromecast.
However, in any case, it will be impossible to watch TVer without an Internet connection, so some of you may ask if there is a way to watch TVer offline. It is.
KeepStreams M3U8 Downloader You can download not only TVer, but also shows from Bandai Channel, Teletext, TV Asahi, Nico Nico Douga, Bilibili Video, etc. With KeepStreams, you can download all the shows you have missed on Tver. KeepStreams allows you to download the programs you missed on Tver and then enjoy them offline on the big screen of your TV. Below are the advantages (recommended poin) of KeepStreams M3U8 downloader.
- You can pre-order and download missed streaming contents, so you don't have to worry even if they are no longer available.
- Both Windows and Mac are supported.
- Save videos from Tver as MP4/MKV for offline playback on devices such as PCs, smartphones, and game consoles, as well as TVs
- Selectable resolutions up to 360p/720p/1080p, so there is no loss of quality due to connection speed.
- Audio quality can be selected from audio0~audio1.
- Downloaded TVer videos can be saved permanently, so you don't have to subscribe to other subscription services if you miss something.
- There is a 30-day free trial.
Download KeepStreams from the official website.
2. Open KeepStreams after downloading & installing, and enter Tver's URL (https://tver.jp/) in the address bar on the homepage.
3. After entering Tver's website, locate the video you wish to download, place your pointer on the video's screen and double-click.
4. Play the video and click "DRE M3U8" in the upper left corner of the playback page.
5. Then you will enter the download screen. After checking the items such as Video, Audio and Subtitle, click "Download Now".
6. After naming and saving the downloaded video on your computer, you can connect your computer and TV with an HDMI cable to enjoy the video on your TV.
Connect your PC and TV with an HDMI cable and enjoy the tver you are playing on your PC on the big screen of your TV at the same time by the mirroring function. It is very easy to operate "TVer" on a PC browser, and there is no need to install any applications or make any initial settings. Below is an explanation of what is required and precautions to take to make this happen.
For smartphones, tablets, and PCs, you can also use the mirroring function to transfer the Tver to the TV's big screen by purchasing a replacement cable for about 1,500 yen.
What you need:
- Internet connection
- TV with HDMI terminal
- HDMI cable
- A computer that supports TVer
- The HDMI terminal (Type-A) used for TVs is sometimes equipped on large notebooks 15" or larger, and in this case it is OK to connect directly with an HDMI cable!
- Many small notebook computers are equipped with a "USB Type-C (with Display Port)" terminal. In this case, use a conversion cable ("USB Type-C to HDMI conversion cable") to connect.
In this case, use a conversion cable ("USB Type-C to HDMI Conversion Cable") to connect.
For smartphones and tablets, you will also need an HDMI cable to connect to your TV. Basically, you can use the mirroring function to watch videos playing on your phone or tablet on your TV at the same time.
What you will need:
- Internet connection
- TV with HDMI terminal
- HDMI conversion cable
- A smartphone or tablet that is compatible with TVer
- Use a USB Type-C to HDMI conversion cable for your Android tablet.
- For iPhone/iPad, iOS11 or later is recommended. Also note that when connecting to an iPhone, the TV must support AirPlay.
- For iPhone and iPad, use a modification adapter called "Apple Lightning - Digital AV Adapter". In addition to the change adapter, you will also need a separate HDMI cable.
Fire TV Stick and Chromecast are both USB memory stick-like devices that can be plugged into the HDMI port of a TV as a media streaming device to use various video streaming services including Netflix and Amazon Prime Video in addition to TVer. Tver is a device that allows you to use Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and other video services in addition to TVer.
If you want to watch Tver on the big screen of your TV, you can use Android TV without any additional devices. If you want to watch Tver, Amazon Prime Video, YouTube, etc. on your TV, we recommend using Amazon Fire TV or Google TV.
A media streaming device developed and sold by Amazon:
|Regular version "Fire TV Stick (3rd generation)" 4,980 yen
|4K-compatible version: 6,980 yen
|Alexa-enabled "Fire TV Cube" 14,498 yen
TVer can also be viewed by plugging the HDMI port directly into the TV and connecting to the Internet via Wi-Fi.
A media streaming device developed and marketed by Google:
|Regular version "Chromecast (3rd generation)": 5,072 yen;
|4K-compatible version "Chromecast with Google TV" 7,600 yen
For Chromecast, as with Fire TV Stick, you can immediately watch TVer by connecting it to your TV via the HDMI port and connecting it via Wi-Fi connection.
What you need to watch TVer on your TV
- Internet connection, TV with HDMI port
- Media streaming device
For Fire TV Stick, plug the HDMI port directly into your TV and connect to the Internet via Wi-Fi to watch TVer. TVer can be watched immediately by connecting to the TV via Wi-Fi connection. In both cases, you can start using TVer as soon as you download the app, which is surprisingly easy.
TVs equipped with Android TV, which means smart TVs that can connect to the Internet, make it easy to watch TVer on a larger screen without having to purchase an HDMI converter cable or external device. If you have an Internet connection, simply install the "TVer" application, which is very easy to operate in the same way as an Android smartphone.
First check to see if your TV is a TVer compatible smart TV.
Android TV-enabled TVer
- Sony Bravia with Android TV functionality released in 2015 or later
- Sharp Aquos 8K / 4K models with Android TV functionality released in 2017 or later
- J:COM TV's new 4K tuner "J:COM LINK" released in 2019 or later
- Cable Plus STB-2 with 4K tuner offered in 2019 or later
- au HIKARI TV service set-top box "STA3000" offered from 2020 onward
- FUNAI 4K TVs with Android TV functionality launched in 2020 or later
- REGZA TVs with Android TV functionality offered from 2021 onward
Panasonic Viera compatible TVs
- Panasonic 4K Viera released in 2017 or later
To watch TVer on TV, you can connect your smartphone, tablet, or computer to the TV with an HDMI cable, or you can watch it directly on a smart TV, using a media streaming device such as the mazon Fire TV or Google Chromecast There are also ways to watch directly on a smart TV or using a media streaming device like mazon Fire TV or Google Chromecast. Because neither of these options are easy to use without an internet connection, KeepStreams M3U8 downloader to download the videos you missed and watch them again by connecting your computer to your TV. All of these methods are not difficult to use, so please try them at your convenience.