If you're looking for a place to stream movies, shows, sports, or music, go no further than Plex. With Plex, you can organize and access all your media from one place, regardless of whether it's stored locally on your device, hosted on a third-party server, or streamed over the internet.
Plex is advantageous since it is free and supports a large range of media file formats that can be played on a wide range of devices, including mobiles, tablets, computers, smart TVs, streaming devices, and gaming consoles. Furthermore, it can be accessed in more than 200 different nations.
Due to the fact that Plex is compatible with so many various formats and devices, you may download your favorite TV series and movies to watch offline when you do not have an internet connection. Here, we'll walk you through the steps of downloading videos from Plex to watch later.
How to Download Movies from Plex Using the Official Download Function?
The good news is that Plex has an official download function that may be used, and it is vital to keep in mind that the official download function of Plex does not back up your data to the cloud but rather to the device you are using at the moment. This prohibits offline use on any other device unless it is also downloaded to that device.
However, the Plex Pass is necessary for offline downloads on your devices. The Plex Pass subscription service, which costs $4.99 per month, $39.99 per year, or $119.99 for life, provides the best possible Plex experience by offering the following:
- The Power to Download
- Multi-Color Themes
- Advanced Settings
- Hardware Transcoding
- Ultimate TV & DVR
- Multiple Edition Support
- HDR Tone Mapping
- Enhanced Music Features
If you already have a Plex Pass, then you may begin downloading your chosen content by following the instructions shown below.
- Select the desired Plex content for download. This may include movies, television series, sports, and music. In addition to downloading individual episodes for offline watching, Plex now enables you to download full seasons of television series.
- Hover over the poster of the video you want to download, and a three-dot button will appear in the bottom right corner of the pre-play screen.
- Click on the three-dot button, and a menu with many choices will display.
- When you choose the Download option, Plex will begin downloading the movie immediately.
How to Download Movies from Plex Using KeepStreams Video Downloader?
You need to go through a few simple steps to download any video that you want from Plex onto your own computer using KeepStreams Video Downloader.
- Launch KeepStreams and enter https://www.plex.tv/ into the built-in browser.
- Log in to your Plex account by entering your login credentials.
- Find the Plex movie you want to download and play it. KeepStreams will instantly analyze the video.
- Click the Download Now button when you're ready to download the Plex movie to your computer.
The Bottom Line
There is no risk in giving Plex a try since its most useful features are accessible without paying anything. Download some movies that are in the public domain and throw them on your media server if you're running low on content.
In addition, you may use this blog as a resource anytime you want if you're curious about how to download Plex movies in 2022.