Paravi is a Japanese OTT (Over The Top) service operated by PPJ, Inc. It is a video streaming service jointly operated by 6 TV stations: TV Tokyo, WOWOW, Tokyo Broadcasting System, Nihon Keizai Shimbun, Dentsu, and Hakuhodo.
It is strong in domestic programs of variety and drama, and is especially recommended for those who want to watch programs from TBS and TV Tokyo. The "catch-up delivery" function is a nice feature for busy people.
Live video and sports broadcasts are also available. For business people, Nikkei News is also useful for gathering information.
Features of paravi
Specializes in Japanese dramas and programs, many of which are available only on paravi.
Since CS broadcast programs are also available, there is little need for a separate subscription.
You can get a rental ticket worth 500 yen every month.
You can change your subscription plan depending on the contents you want to watch.
If you find a work you like on Paravi, you may want to add that video file to your collection. The following is an explanation of how exactly you can do this. This article details how to save Paravi.
Paravi's official download feature
In fact, Paravi offers an official download feature. If you want to watch when you don't have an Internet connection or something like that, we recommend that you try the official Paravi download function first. Let's take a look at how to use the download function together.
By the way, the download function is available only with the Paravi application.
1. launch the Paravi application and open the detailed list screen of the video you want to download. 2.
2. click the download button there, and you can download all the episodes and watch them offline. Of course, you can also download episodes individually. 3.
3. switch to "My List" and check the "Downloads" tab to see the videos you have already downloaded.
I find the official download function inconvenient.
If you watch Paravi lightly, the official download function may be sufficient, but if you always watch Paravi videos offline, you may find the official download function inconvenient. There are indeed various limitations when watching videos using Paravi's official download function. The specifics are summarized below.
Restrictions on downloading and watching Paravi videos
- The download function is only available on the official application.
- When you switch accounts, the movies you have already downloaded to your device will be deleted and become invisible.
- If there is no internet connection, you can watch downloaded movies within 48 hours from the last start of viewing; if more than 48 hours have passed and the download is still within the expiration date, you can renew the offline viewing time limit when you resume internet connection.
- Downloaded movies cannot be viewed on a different device.
- Up to two devices can be downloaded per account.
- Android os 8.0 and earlier are not supported for downloading.
- Videos may not be downloadable depending on the work.
Furthermore, it is not possible to download as a freely manipulable video file like MP4. That is because DRM (Digital Rights Protection Technology) is applied to prevent unauthorized copying of videos. The duration of viewing and the number of downloads can be restricted in detail. Therefore, there are many restrictions on the use of the official download function. It is only an auxiliary function when there is no Internet connection. Furthermore, the application of DRM technology to prevent unauthorized copying does not help in the permanent preservation of U-NEXT videos.
Recommended Tools" for Unlimited Paravi Download
Paravi is a monthly subscription video viewing site, and since DRM (Digital Rights Management) is applied to the distributed videos, you cannot watch them even if you can download them as they are, but in this article, we will introduce the application KeepStreams, which allows you to download Paravi videos However, this article introduces the application KeepStreams, which allows unlimited downloading of Paravi videos.
Downloader for KeepStreams paravi
The downloader for KeepStreams paravi is a "Paravi dedicated downloader" that allows you to download content distributed within Paravi. In addition, downloaders for other video viewing sites are also available for sale, so you can have the advantage of being able to download other content by making additional purchases at a later date.
Features of the downloader for KeepStreams and paravi
- Constantly updated, so there is little chance of not being able to download content from within paravi.
- Ability to download from video viewing sites other than paravi by paying a fee
- Multiple videos can be downloaded at once in 1080p.
- Metadata of video content can also be downloaded
- Supported OS: Windows and Mac
How to download unlimited videos using KeepStreams paravi downloader
1. go to the official website for KeepStreams paravi, open the download page for your OS, and click "Free Download".
2. after downloading the data, click "Quick Install" to start the installation
3. after installation is complete, click "Start Now" to launch the downloader for KeepStreams paravi.
4. convert the software to Japanese since it may be written in English. First, open "Settings" from the symbol in the upper right corner of the screen. 5.
5. when the Settings window opens, click on "General" in the upper left corner of the screen and select Japanese from "Language".
6. After completing the settings, click "Streaming Service" on the left side of the top screen and select "paravi". 7.
7. The browser screen will appear, and log in by clicking "Login" in the upper right corner of the screen.
8. Once logged in, select any video from the video keyword search or title field and click on it.
9. When the video page opens, analysis will start automatically and a window for downloading will open, so check the title you want to download. 10.
10. Select "Download Now" to download immediately or "Add to Queue" to download in batches later.
11. when you start downloading or add to queue, the window will appear as shown below and wait until the download is complete. (If you are adding to the queue, click "Add to queue" below)
12. when the download is complete, click "Finish" and confirm that the downloaded video can be played.
What to do if the download fails
There are two possible reasons for download failure: PC-side errors and application errors. First, restart KeepStreams and try downloading again. If the download still fails, restart your PC and do not use any application other than KeepStreams.
Can I save Paravi videos on my PC by recording?
There are many people who think they can save Paravi videos on their PC using screen capture or other recording software, but there are not many success stories due to DRM. If you use screen recording software to record only the video playback area, the resulting video will only record a black screen. The image below is proof.
The surroundings can be recorded, but the playback area cannot, and is completely black.
I tried recording the video myself using various recording software, but in the end, the result is the same for all of them. The software I used includes the following
- Wondershare DemoCreator
- Wondershare Uniconverter
- EaseUS RecExperters
Is it illegal to download Paravi videos?
- No. Secondary distribution of downloaded videos is not allowed.
It is "illegal" to distribute the content you downloaded from Nico Nico Douga for profit. Selling or reselling downloaded content is also a violation of copyright under the law. Secondary distribution is a major violation of the copyright owner's interests and must be stopped.
- Downloading for personal use is legal
It is not illegal to download videos from Nico Nico Nico for personal use.
Downloading content for private use is not "illegal" as it constitutes "reproduction for private use" as allowed by Article 30 of the Copyright Act.
Therefore, there is no problem if you download a video to your personal device and just enjoy it privately or with your friends.
In this article, we have shown you how to download (record) Paravi videos, and compared to Paravi's official downloads, KeepStreams allows you to download movies on your computer, and there is no limit to the number of movies you can download at the same time. In addition, the downloaded videos can be stored permanently, so we recommend the more convenient downloader KeepStreams.
How to Record Netflix Offline?
How to Download Videos from Hulu to PC Explained
How to screen record AbemaTV videos offline?