Everywhere we see nowadays, people are recording their screens for one reason or another. The recording has become very in demand. Having a good quality video recorder that shoots in high definition and provides a great deal of features is extremely important.
If you are also in pursuit of a screen recorder, you have come to the right spot. In this article, we will give a thorough comparison of ScreenRec VS OBS. Let’s start with it.
ScreenRec is an amazing screen recorder that you can put in place for all your recording needs. With ScreenRec, you can shoot your PC screen in HD quality. It is available for Windows and Linux while its macOS version is still underway. The platform is free and easy to use and has two main uses, taking a screenshot and recording your screen.
You can select the desired area that you wish to screenshot or record, and the recorder will be bounded by it. It has various tools, such as an annotator, which lets you edit your screen recordings.
Want to read a Comprehensive Comparison of Filmora Screen Recorder and OBS? Read this article!
- ScreenRec has the ability to record not only your screen but also your webcam, audio, and microphone.
- With its annotated screenshots feature, you can add comments wherever you like on the screenshot or the recording.
- It lets users instantly share their recording with a link. Simply copy it to your clipboard and save the file.
- This platform offers a high degree of privacy. All your recorded content is encrypted, and the platform gives you control when it comes to who can access it.
- The platform offers analytical information for you to evaluate who watches your content and how long it was watched.
- The platform is built with features for a variety of consumers, such as developers, project managers, teachers, or just regular people at home.
Want to know more about TuneBoto Amazon Video Downloader and whether it is Safe? Read this article!
OBS, which is also known as Open Broadcast Software, is another amazing platform to record your desired content in the simplest of ways. It is very popular for its excellent features and the high-end user experience it offers. Its user-friendly dashboard comes with customizing features that help create high-quality videos.
It is open-source software that is compatible with almost all of the operating systems out there. There is a wide range of valuable features that this platform offers for its users. Here is a comprehensive list of them.
- It captures and lets you mix high-performance real-time videos and audio. You can create videos that are made up of content from several different sources like window captures, browser windows, webcams and many more.
- With OBS, you can set up an infinite number of scenes that you can seamlessly switch between.
- The configuration options are very powerful yet easy to use. You have the freedom to add new sources, replicate current sources, and the ability to adjust their properties.
- Its Dock UI lets you rearrange the layout of the platform just the way you like. You can even turn individual docks into their own window.
- Its settings panel is streamlined, which gives you various configuration options that let you change every single aspect of your recording based on your liking.
- It has an extremely intuitive audio mixer filter like noise gate, noise suppression, and gain.
Now that we are familiarized with what both platforms are, and their features, let's see how both of them stack against each other.
Firstly, let's talk about the user interface. ScreenRec offers an interface that is mainly one click. All you have to do is drag the mouse over the screen you want to record, and that's it. It is built for beginner-level individuals. When it comes to OBS, it offers a far more complex interface. People using it for the first time will have trouble with it.
When it comes to which operating systems these two platforms are available on, OBS clearly takes the edge. ScreenRec supports Windows and Linux but isn't available to macOS users. On the other hand, OBS is also compatible with macOS along with other operating systems.
If you are using ScreenRec, you need to be working on a PC with Intel Pentium 4 processor. On the other hand, the old version of OBS works with the i2 processor, whereas for the new version, 4th generation intel processor is recommended.
ScreenRec can record your screen on 4k full HD at 120 frames per second, giving you a crisp and clear output. OBS recording is also of extremely high quality as well. It can record videos in 4k full HD.
When it comes to RAM, you need 512 MB of RAM when working with ScreenRec. This makes it extremely easier if you work on a lower-end PC. For OBS, the RAM requirement for a smooth experience is 4 GB.
With OBS, you do not have any tools or features that you can use to edit your recordings. Whereas with ScreenRec, features annotated screenshots. You can edit your screenshots and add comments to highlight specific parts of your screen.
ScreenRec ensures the user experience is extremely smooth and elegant; the software is not complex. With OBS, recording is a little difficult. Since OBS is built for professionals and has complexities with it, the user experience might not always be great.
ScreenRec is completely free of cost. When it comes to OBS, although you can use its basic version for free, you need to pay extra cash to make use of its premium features. The paid version costs $19/month or $149/year.
All in all, both platforms are great, with tons of features. While one is great in terms of editing tools and simplicity, the other one is great if you are looking for a more detailed solution. Our verdict will be that if you are a beginner, you should go with ScreenRec, but if you are a professional who is familiar with such tools, then you should definitely opt for OBS as your screen recorder. However, if you are looking for a more better alternative to these two, just hop on below!
Do you want a screen recorder / video downloader but don't like what ScreenRec or any other platform is offering? Don't worry; we have the right solution to your problem. Try KeepStreams! KeepStreams has various top-of-the-line premium features that make it the best choice for recording your screen. Here are some of the most notable features of KeepStreams.
When it comes to KeepStreams, there are zero compromises to what you are getting. KeepStreams supports the best audio channels out there. You will get crisp audio with AC3 5.1 and many other channels. Moreover, when it is capable of downloading videos with excellent quality. The supported video qualities include a range from 8k to 4k and 720p to 1080p.
With KeepStreams, you can multitask as well. Thanks to its top feature of batch downloads, you can download not one but many videos with just one click. When batch downloading, KeepStreams doesn’t compromise on quality and has an impressive downloading speed of 32 MBs per second.
Wish to stream offline, but there are various commercials and adverts in between? No problem! KeepStreams deletes all the ads in the stream automatically. Just simply put it on downloading, and it will auto-detect ads to remove them.
KeepStreams has partnered with many different OTTs to make sure you can record your screen from various locations. It can record and download from more than 1000 websites. Some of the renowned supported OTT platforms include Netflix, Disney Plus, Twitch, HBO Max, Crunchyroll, and more.
If you want a platform that records your screen, then both ScreenRec and OBS are brilliant platforms that contain various features that make recording your screen easy and quick. It's true that both of them carry their pros and cons but give them a try and you will not regret your choice.
Don’t forget to check out KeepStreams, your ultimate video downloading partner. With the premium and free platform, record your content and view it whenever you like. It has many great features like high-quality downloads, a simple interface, and ad remover. You will surely love using it!