PlayOn is a renowned video recording and downloading platform, offering two apps, i.e., PlayOn Home and PlayOn Cloud, to take your offline streaming to another level! Where you can record and stream your favorite videos on PC, laptop, and mobile devices; you can also cast to Chromecast using PlayOn.
Wondering how you can achieve PlayOn Chromecast? Luckily you are at the right spot! Stick to this article, as it's your ultimate guide for PlayOn and Chromecast. In it, we will take you through all the necessary steps you should perform to answer the query of how can I cast to Chromecast using PlayOn. We also have lots more for you, so let's dive right into it without further delays!
Overview of PlayOn
PlayOn was created by MediaMall Technologies to assist streamers in making their offline streaming experience worthwhile. It’s your best bet for recording and downloading your desired video content from 25+ platforms, including Netflix, Disney+, Hulu, HBO Max, and more. The apps offered include:
PlayOn Home – Compatible with PC only and records videos in 720p and SD. It charges $4.99 per month and enables you to record unlimited recordings.
PlayOn Cloud – Compatible with PC and Mac and can record videos in Full HD 1080p. It charges $4.99 per month for the credit of 30 recordings.
Here is all you should know about Audials VS PlayOn: Which One Is Better?
Notable Features of PlayOn
PlayOn has various features that make it stand out in the crowd of Video Downloaders. Let's have a look at a few of them!
- Watch Recordings on Your TV – PlayOn Home enables you to watch recordings on your TV via streaming devices. You can even enjoy casting PlayOn Chromecast.
- No Limit to Recordings – PlayOne Home doesn’t come with any restriction on the number of videos you record. However, this feature is missing in PlayOn Cloud, which restricts 30 recordings per month.
- Auto Record – It can auto-record episodes as soon as the providers release them. Moreover, you can record an entire series with a mere click!
- Off-Peak Recording – It lets you take advantage of the off-peak bandwidth by scheduling recordings.
- AdSkip – PlayOn has an AdSkip feature that enables you to skip ads during offline streaming.
- 24/7 E-mail Support – PlayOn provides 24/7 E-mail supports to all its users. Just mail them to [email protected]. And get your queries answered.
Wondering what’s different between Audials One 2022 and Audials One 2021? Read this article and learn all about Audials One 2022 VS Audials One 2021!
Casting with PlayOn
PlayOn Home can stream media to your TV via your streaming device to enable you to watch your favorite shows on a big screen. PlayOn Home is compatible with the following casting devices:
Moreover, you can also achieve the casting of the content on several DLNA devices. E-mail the PlayOn Support Team to inquire if your device is compatible with casting.
How Can I Cast to Chromecast Using PlayOn?
PlayOn Home is here to assist you in recording your fav shows and casting them on your Chromecast for an amazing streaming experience, WITHOUT ADs! It enables you to record your desired shows automatically by setting up subscriptions.
Step-By-Step Guide on Recording and Watching PlayOn Recordings on Chromecast
Here is how you can record and watch your favorite video content via PlayOn Chromecast.
- Download and install PlayOn Home from the PlayOn official website from a PC.
- Once installed, launch the app, and refer to the Quick Start Guide for the Chromecast setup instructions.
- Browse for the shows you wish to download and click to add them to the queue.
- Select any of the completed recordings present in your PlayOn Home. Navigate to the Cast button and click on it.
- From the list of devices, select your Chromecast, and you are done!
Now, you can stream your recording from any streaming service, including HBO Max, Hulu, and more on your PlayOn Chromecast. When casting your recording, select Yes for AdSkip and enjoy streaming ad-free!
PlayOn Chromecast – How to Control Your Casting?
PlayOn Home has a Cast Controller to let you tweak different things according to your preference. Appearing at the bottom of the PlayOn Home app, this controller features options for pausing, skipping, and moving your video forward or backward. Moreover, you also have a navigation bar for scrolling through the entire video.
Is Cast Controller messing with your streaming? No need to worry; you can open or close the cast controller by clicking on the icon.
Note: If you are casting a live stream, you won’t be able to scroll ahead; however, the feature is accessible in case of recorded videos.
How to Fix PlayOn Cast to Chromecast Not Working?
Is your PlayOn Chromecast not working because PlayOn cannot find your casting device? Worry not, as we have got you covered! Hop on below to learn the possible causes for PlayOn cast to Chromecast not working and what measures you can take to get it fixed!
Check If Your PC and Streaming Device are Connected to the Same Network
To stream your downloaded content offline on your Chromecast, your PC and streaming device must be connected to the same internet connection.
Some routers have a built-in system that separates the traffic between your wireless and wired devices, or they might have a guest network apart from the regular internet connection. This may lead to your PC and streaming device is connected to different networks.
However, make sure both of your devices are connected to the same internet connection by checking if the WAN IP address of your PC and Chromecast are similar. Here is how you can do so.
How to Check the WAN IP Addresses of PC?
- Go to your browser and visit www.whatismyip.com.
- Now, right-click on the Network icon by navigating to the bottom right corner of your desktop.
- Choose Open Network and Internet Settings and get your home IP address.
- In the next popping window, hit Properties and browse for your LAN IP address. It will be somewhere next to the IPv4 address.
How to Check the IP Address of Chromecast?
- For Chromecast, select the three dots menu and then choose Settings.
- Close to the top, you will find the name of your Chromecast, and right below it, the Wi-Fi network name to which your Chromecast is connected is mentioned.
- Navigate to the bottom and find the IP addresses and MAC address of your Chromecast.
If you find both devices connected to the same network, there might be a glitch in the PlayOn server. Stopping and restarting the server might solve the issue. To do so, go to the PlayOn Settings and the General Tab. That's all for how you can get rid of PlayOn Chromecast not working.
PlayOn Alternative: KeepStreams
PlayOn could have been the best buddy for offline streaming, but NO! The error it faces can mess up not only your streaming but your mood, too. Besides the PlayOn Chromecast not working, it also faces errors, like videos not recording or being out of sync with the audio, the recording subscription field, and more.
These put a backlash on all the noteworthy features of the PlayOn and end you up browsing for its alternative. If the same is the case with you, no need to worry, as KeepStreams Video Downloader has got you covered!
It's an incredible platform for downloading videos ad streaming them offline without errors or disturbance. Want to know more about KeepStreams? Have a look at its features!
Impressive Features of KeepStreams
Believe it's tricky to summarize the endless features of KeepStreams in a section. However, we have attempted to enlist some of the most impressive ones.
- Wide Range of Supported Streaming Platforms – It can download video content faster from over 100 platforms. Whether it's Netflix, Crunchyroll, Rakuten TV, or any other platform whose content you wish to download, KeepStreams is there to serve you!
- Downloads Audio Tracks – Where are the audiophiles? KeepStreams can enable you to download different audio tracks with your videos.
- Auto-Download Newly Released Episodes – KeepStreams can auto-download newly released episodes. Just add your preferred channel to the schedule, and that's it!
- Batch Download – With this downloader, you can simultaneously download multiple episodes, even the whole series, at a blistering speed. There's no need to download each individually.
- High-Quality Downloads – All of the videos downloaded with KeepStreams are of high quality, i.e., 1080p.
- Automatically Remove Ads – KeepStreams downloads all videos without ads. Mean you can enjoy streaming without those recurrent annoying ads. What else do you need?
How to Download Videos with KeepStreams?
Download and install KeepStreams Video Downloader. When you are done installing the downloader, launch it.
- Navigate to the VIP services and select a streaming service from the range of options available.
- The next popping window will ask you to login into your selected streaming service account using your E-mail and Password.
- Browse for the video you want to download, tweak audio and video settings, and hit Download.
- You can add multiple videos to the queue and download them all together later.
- To check for the progress of downloading videos, go to the Downloading menu appearing in the left bar.
With PlayOn Chromecast, you can enjoy an amazing streaming experience when casting to your TV. Are you stuck with PlayOn to Chromecast not recording or Playon cast to Chromecast not showing up? Refer to the guidelines detailed above to fix it. However, to get rid of this error permanently, skip using PlayOn and shift to KeepStreams Video Downloader!