Now that the download function is provided as an official feature of dTV, there seems to be little need to basically record videos, but the way to be mentioned in this article is good to know.
The following video titles on dTV are suggested to record for permenant viewing.
- Some titles that can't be downloaded.
- Some titles that may be removed after a set period.
- Purchased or leased works requiring a cost in addition to the monthly fee.
All these videos can be easily saved to your phone or tablet with the way here so that you can play them anywhere you are. Besides, in this way, the dTV subscription can be purchased for merely one month. You can then record any titles that you wish to view at the same time.
The recording way I am going to demonstrate is fully legal so you are free to record your videos on demand without any worries!
Generally speaking, recording HDTV video content can't be done on smartphones, tablets or computers. This is because of the HDCP (High Bandwidth Digital Content Protection) technology, a protection technology for copyright, aiming to stop copying digital content without authorization.
Normal recording will result in a black screen. But if the way described here are used, you can record dTV videos as you like and will not be confronted with any trouble!
Prepare the following items before recording dTV.
- Personal computer
- Internet connection
- Your dTV account
- Recording Software
Aside from the basic items essential for video playback, such as a computer, Internet connection, and video streaming service account, dTV recording requires a dedicated recording software called KeepStreams for dTV.
There are two versions of KeepStreams for you to choose from: the full version and the free trial version. There is a limit to the number of recordings that you can make with the free trial version. You will need to purchase the full version if you wish to create more. This is enough for you to verify the functionality of the software, but not enough to actually use it. As a result, if you hope to recording more than three videos, I recommend you to purchase the full version to ensure your experience.
This section explains the process of recording video content from the video streaming service dTV.
1. Go to the following URL and install the recording software, KeepStreams for dTV, on your computer.
Official Site: KeepStreams Video Downloader
2. Click on the button labeled Free Download to download the installer.
3. After the file is downloaded, click on it to open.
4. When the installation screen appears, click Quick Install to start the installation. The installation will take a few moments to finish, depending upon your Internet speed.
5. When you see Launch Now, click on it. This will automatically launch KeepStreams for dTV.
1. Click on VIP Services on the left side of the screen. You will then see a list of supported streaming services, and click on dTV.
2. When the dTV top page appears, click on Log in in the upper right corner of the screen.
3. When you have logged in, you will be able to choose the video content that you wish to record from the screen.
4. After making your selection, click Download Now if you want to download it right now, or Add to Queue if you want to select other videos to download all at once.
5. Click on Downloading on the left side of the operation screen, and you will see the video titles you have selected are displayed. If there are other video titles that you want to record, click Home on the left side of the operation screen and follow the same procedure to select more videos.
6. When you are done selecting the videos you want to record, click Start All to start recording (downloading). You can now wait for your recording to end.
7. When the recording (downloading) is complete, click Downloaded on the left side of the operation screen and you will see the video recording data.
If the above steps fail to resolve the issue, the following instructions may help.
Simply right-click on the software installer downloaded from the official website of KeepStreams to open the menu and select Run as administrator to install the software again.
The rest of the procedure is the same as above, so if you are experiencing any problems with the software, you should definitely try Run as administrator.