PlayOn Cloud service allows you to record the content from the streaming networks that you have already subscribed to. The recording is being processed in the cloud, and you then get that recorded video file. When you connect it with the Channels, your content will be automatically recorded and saved into your library.
In other words, PlayOn on Apple TV 4 is a dashboard that combines more than twenty service networks, such as Netflix, Amazon, HBO, YouTube, Hulu, Fox, etc., in a single place. It can also be used as a media server that enables streaming your music, videos, and photos.
Is There a PlayOn App for Apple TV?
Is there a PlayOn App for Apple TV? Can you run PlayOn Apple TV? Currently, the PlayOn app for Apple TV is not available. The only way you can stream PlayOn on Apple TV 4 is to mirror your iPhone or an iPad’s screen with your device.
How to Use PlayOn Apple TV?
Is there a PlayOn app for Apple TV? As we know that PlayOn is specifically not available for Apple TV right now, but at least we can stream PlayOn to Apple TV with the help of an iPhone and iPad. What if you can’t connect to the PlayOn server? Can you run PlayOn on Apple TV 4? Before mirroring PlayOn to Apple TV, you are required to run the PlayOn Media Server on your device.
- Swipe up on your device’s screen to open the control center.
- Check whether your iOS device and the PlayOn connect to Apple TV are connected to the same internet connection.
- Tap on the screen mirroring icon.
- Now, the device will start searching for the nearby devices connected to the same internet.
- Choose ‘Apple TV’ from the list of devices.
- Your screen will instantly PlayOn connect to Apple TV.
- If at first you can’t connect to the PlayOn server, you can now stream PlayOn to Apple TV mobile app on your iOS device. This is how you can enable PlayOn on Apple TV 4 services on your TV.
Possible Reasons for PlayOn Apple TV Not Working
If you cannot stream PlayOn on Apple TV 4 with the help of an iPhone/iPad or can't connect to the PlayOn server, here is a list of a few simple steps you can follow to fix this issue.
- Check if your devices are turned on and within the range to connect through screen mirroring.
- If you are unable to stream PlayOn to the Apple TV server, be careful about your device’s software update, also check that they are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- You may also try to restart your devices; this will fix the internal errors by itself and enable Airplay or screen mirroring option.
- You should also check if you have password protection in your Airplay password settings. If yes, then you might have to adjust that at first. These steps might help if you can’t connect to the PlayOn server.
Troubleshooting for PlayOn Apple TV Not Working
Can you run PlayOn Apple TV without issues? If you can’t connect to the PlayOn server or If you are facing PlayOn Apple TV plus not working issues, there might be a few troubleshoots you can try to fix the problem.
- If you are using a remote to control the actions of your PlayOn Apple TV Plus, the remote itself could be the main issue. You can try using the Apple TV Remote app from your iPhone or iPad to run the commands for such an issue.
- If it still doesn’t work, you can unplug the HDMI cable, disconnect it from either of your devices and secure it again.
- Switch off both the PlayOn Apple TV plus device and your television. Wait for almost 15 seconds before you restart and plug it back.
- If the trouble persists, try to reset your Apple TV.
- It would help if you also tried to close the PlayOn on Apple TV 4 app and re-launch it. No matter what the issue is, if the app doesn't display anything, has a problem with its audio, or the screen freezes, close the app and start it again.
Sometimes, the PlayOn connect to Apple TV is not functioning well. Because of this, the whole Apple TV seems to have glitches. You can try restarting the entire app at least once.
Restart the Apple TV
If you want to restart your Apple TV, open the 'Settings app on the Apple TV. Choose 'System,' and then select 'Restart.'
If PlayOn Apple TV is troubling enough that you cannot even reach the main settings menu, there are other ways to restart your Apple TV device. You can also see the how to solve Apple TV not working complete guide.
Press and hold the Menu/Back button and the TV button together from your remote. Press the two buttons until the status light flashes rapidly; after that, leave the buttons, as the Apple TV will reboot by itself. You may as well unplug the Apple TV and plug it back after a gap of almost 15 seconds.
Reset the Apple TV
If you have tried every other way, then the only way left to fix any errors from your Apple TV is to reset the Apple TV.
- Open 'Settings,' and then click on 'General.'
- Scroll down the settings menu and click on ‘Reset.’
- After choosing reset, your Apple TV would ask you a few times if you want to confirm this reset or not because this will format all the accounts information and settings.
After you have confirmed your reset, the screen will turn blank. During the process, do not remove the power of your Apple TV.
If you are a Hulu or Amazon user, here are the solutions to PlayOn Hulu not working and PlayOn Amazon not working guide. You may as well watch the content with Apple TV offline.
The Best Alternative to PlayOn - KeepStreams
If you are facing difficulty while using PlayOn Apple TV, KeepStreams is the best option you may choose as its alternative to watching Apple TV offline. Like the rest streaming networks, Apple TV continuously adds new and updated content. If you want to download the videos and watch Apple TV offline, KeepStreams for Apple TV+ is software that is easy to use and has amazing features.
- It helps you download the content in high video quality to access Apple TV offline.
- You can also select from a wide range of videos and download them without ads to watch Apple TV offline.
- It has an amazing batch download function, allowing users to download Apple TV Plus videos with a single click.
- It has a fast download speed with Mp4 format to watch Apple TV offline.