Now that the download function is supplied as an official part of Rakuten TV, there appears to be little need to fundamentally record videos, but the approach to be discussed in this article is useful to know.
The following video titles on Rakuten TV can be recorded for permenant viewing.
- Some titles that can't be downloaded.
- Some titles that may be removed after a set period.
- Purchased or leased works requiring a cost in addition to the monthly fee.
Because you can quickly store all of these videos to your phone or tablet using this approach, you can watch them from anywhere at any time. Furthermore, the Rakuten TV membership may be subscribed for a single month. If there are any titles that you want to watch, you may do so by pressing the record button.
The recording approach I am going to demonstrate is fully legal so you are free to record your videos on demand without any worries!
Generally speaking, recording HDTV video content can't be done on smartphones, tablets or computers. This is because of the HDCP (High Bandwidth Digital Content Protection) technology, a protection technology for copyright, aiming to stop copying digital content without authorization.
A normal recording will result in a dark screen after the recording is completed. However, if you follow the steps outlined below, you will be able to record Rakuten TV videos as many as you like without encountering any difficulties.
Prepare the following items before recording.
- Personal computer
- Internet connection
- Your Rakuten TV account
- Recording Software
Aside from the basic items essential for video playback, such as a computer, Internet connection, and video streaming service account, Rakuten TV recording requires a dedicated recording software called KeepStreams for Rakuten TV.
It is possible to get the full edition and the free trial version of KeepStreams, which are both available for download. There is a limit to the amount of recordings that may be made using the free trial version of the software. If you want to record more than one, you'll need to upgrade to the full version.
A free trial version is sufficient for you to check the operation of the software, but it is not sufficient for you to utilize the software. Because of this, if you want to record more than three videos, I urge that you buy the full edition to guarantee that your experience is as good as possible.
This section explains the process of recording video content from the Rakuten TV.
1. Go to the following URL and install the recording software, KeepStreams for Rakuten TV, on your computer.
Official Site: KeepStreams Video Downloader
2. Click on the button labeled Free Download to download the installer.
3. After the file is downloaded, click on it to open.
4. When the installation screen appears, click Quick Install to start the installation. The installation will take a few moments to finish, depending upon your Internet speed.
5. When you see Launch Now, click on it. This will automatically launch KeepStreams for Rakuten TV.
1. Click on VIP Services on the left side of the screen. You will then see a list of supported streaming services, and click on Rakuten TV.
2. When the Rakuten TV top page appears, click on Log in in the upper right corner of the screen.
3. When you have logged in, you will be able to choose the video content that you wish to record from the screen.
4. After making your selection, click Download Now if you want to download it right now, or Add to Queue if you want to select other videos to download all at once.
5. Click on Downloading on the left side of the operation screen, and you will see the video titles you have selected are displayed. If there are other video titles that you want to record, click Home on the left side of the operation screen and follow the same procedure to select more videos.
6. When you are done selecting the videos you want to record, click Start All to start recording (downloading). You can now wait for your recording to end.
7. When the recording (downloading) is complete, click Downloaded on the left side of the operation screen and you will see the video recording data.
If the above steps fail to resolve the issue, the following instructions may help.
Simply right-click on the software installer downloaded from the official website of KeepStreams to open the menu and select Run as administrator to install the software again.
The rest of the procedure is the same as above, so if you are experiencing any problems with the software, you should definitely try Run as administrator.